Benihana Restaurant St Paul's knows that you care how information about you is used and shared and we appreciate your trust in us to do that carefully and sensibly. This policy describes the types of personal information that we may collect about you, the purposes for which we use the information, the circumstances in which we may share the information and the steps that we take to safeguard the information to protect your privacy. By visiting Benihana Restaurant St Paul's, contacting Benihana Restaurant St Paul's by phone or visiting our online websites (https://benihanarestaurant.co.uk) you are accepting and consenting to the practices described in this policy.
1. What Personal Information about club users does Benihana Restaurant St Paul's gather?
Benihana Restaurant St Paul's collects personal information from its members and from membership applicants, contractors, employees, and people we do business with. The information we gather helps us to continually improve your experience at Benihana Restaurant St Paul's. This personal information may include: your name and contact information; date of birth; preferred communication methods; business name (in the case of a corporate membership) and business address; bank details and credit card details. We also create information that becomes part of the personal information we hold about you, such as your membership number and your usage of the club. We may also collect and create details on joint members and other family members, where applicable, including family members under the age of 18.
We also collect the following information:
1.1. Sensitive information
The term "sensitive information" in this context refers to information related to your racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, religion or other beliefs, health, criminal background or trade union membership. Whilst we do not generally collect sensitive information unless it is volunteered by you, we do specifically collect health data to the extent that it is required to assess your readiness for physical exercise. By providing the sensitive information to us, you are consenting to our using it in the manner set out in this Policy.
1.2. Personal Information from Children
We do not knowingly collect personal information from individuals under 16 years of age without the permission of their parent or guardian. As a parent or legal guardian, please do not to allow your children to submit personal information without your permission.2.3.
1.3. Photographs for Membership Card
In the interests of security and the prevention of crime, we may take a digital photograph of each member to whom a membership card is issued. By providing the digital photograph and/or form of identification to us, you are consenting to our using it in the manner set out in this Policy.
1.4. Contacting us via Website or otherwise
When you use the Benihana Restaurant St Paul's website (“Our Site”) or contact us by post, telephone, fax, email or SMS, we collect, store and use certain personal information that you disclose to us. This includes details such as your name, address, telephone, fax, email and mobile phone number as well as traffic data, location data, web logs and other communication data, whether this is required for our own billing purposes or otherwise and the resources that you access. If you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence.
We also ask you to complete surveys that we use for research purposes, although you do not have to respond to them.
2. What do we do with personal information collected from you?
2.1. Information you give to us is used in the following ways:
- to carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us and to provide you with the information, products and services that you request from us including for example to administer your membership of the club, to facilitate bookings of classes and appointments and to facilitate the provision of certain services to us by third party service providers and other transactions;
- to provide you with information about other goods and services we offer that are similar to those that you have already purchased or enquired about, to process payments and maintain accounts and records, to prevent crime and aid in the prosecution of offenders, and to maintain membership records;
- to improve our platform, prevent or detect fraud or abuses of our website and enable third parties to carry out technical, logistical, research or other functions on our behalf;
- to send you newsletters and promotions and to conduct surveys, prize draws, competitions and other promotions via email, telephone or post (only if you have opted in to receive such communications);
- to notify you about changes to our service; and
- to ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
2.2. Information we collect about you.
2.3. Information we receive from other sources.
We may combine this information with information you give to us and information we collect about you. We may us this information and the combined information for the purposes set out above (depending on the types of information we receive).
3. Protection of Benihana Restaurant St Paul's and others:
With your consent, other than as set out above, you will receive notice when information about you might go to third parties and you will have an opportunity to choose not to share the information.
6. How Secure is Information about me?
7. What about Links to other websites?
Our site may include links to other websites. We do not provide any personally identifiable customer information to these advertisers or third-party websites.
8. What Choices do I have?
9. Are Children allowed to use the Site?
10. What Rights do I have in relation to my Personal Information?
11. Notices and Revisions
If you have any concern about privacy at Benihana Restaurant St Paul's, please e-mail us a thorough description and we will try to resolve the issue for you.
13. Types of cookies
There are a number of different types of cookies; session cookies, persistent cookies, first party cookies and third party cookies.
Session cookies – These cookies links your actions on a website to our data system and are used for a number of reasons such as remembering what you’ve added to the cart while browsing the site. The session cookies expire as soon as the browser is closed so no information is stored permanently.
Persistent cookies – These cookies remember your preferences or actions across a website and help us to provide you with information that is relevant to you in the future. The information collected can be used to track actions across multiple browser sessions and may be used to make advertising more relevant to you.
These cookies are set and handled directly by benihanarestaurant.co.uk, they cannot be accessed or read by any other website.
What cookies does at benihanarestaurant.co.uk?
Analytical cookies are used to measure site performance such as number of visitors, number of purchases and number of errors.
Specifically we use these to:
- Gather anonymous statistics on how our website is used
- Help us to identify and recreate any errors that may occur
We do not use these to:
- Advertise products or services to you
- PREF (google.com) Analytical purpose.
- JESSIONID(Sea.Godaddy.com) To display the security seal.
How to control cookies
Altering your cookie settings is a relatively simple task however the process does differ between browsers. Here’s how to access your cookie settings in the most popular browsers.
How to delete cookies
Deleting your cookie settings is also relatively easy but the process does differ between browsers. Here’s how to delete cookies in the most popular browsers.
You can find this and further information about cookies at http://www.aboutcookies.org.